Moving MoM

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:00:48 -0700

At 11:45 AM 9/29/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>>Well, nobody can fight the Mother of Monsters and nobody tries to. Rather
>>they just stay out of her way and deal with her sprogs. I'm not too sure
>>what world improvement has to do with this.
>
>Nobody tries to fight the Mom, nobody thinks she can be
>fought, but it doesn't mean she can't be done away with
>by some heroes with a lot of support.
>
>I suppose all these attempts are possible, and most will
>fail: a Very big hole with Very big spikes, doing Kimotian
>Landscape Magic(tm), drying the Wendo marsh and letting
>her go to Kimos (she'll turn back despite this), find the
>Entity that mates with her and kill it (provided it exists
>and isn't worse), build a fort on her top and start digging
>into her until you reach her vitals or get dissolved by
>chaos ooze, deal 200 critical strikes to her head, and the
>Dune option, ride her and steer her off her current road
>(maybe she floats?). Find where she comes from would be a
>good start, because there's a chance you can send her back
>there.

All great stories!
I just wanted to interject that one of the future Hero Wars Great Events is when (someone) causes the Mother of Monsters to leave her current pathway and set out across the Sshorg, spewing monster eggs into the currents as she goes.
Everyone with a chance to stop, destroy or turn her away are sent out from Vithela and Genertela. Remember Baron, the monster hunter?