More She Who Waits

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:13:48 +0000

Hi

Here are more thoughts on She Who Waits and Ginna Jar.

In the Lightbringers' quest, Ginna Jar appears last, once the six are together, and sets the ring. She is often considered as the wyter of the Lightbringers. The Seven Mothers Collective's Secret is to 'Call She Who Waits'. There again, the Collective is empowered once she has been called by the six others to fill the Seventh Mask. They're the power that makes the collective a 'collective', and they're a collective because they have a common goal. So I think the Seventh one somehow symbolizes that goal.

In Glorantha, there are many theories about the Seventh One, because people want explanations. Some enthusiastic philosophers say that Ginna Jar is Arachne Solara, or the ghost of Glorantha, or even Ernalda's spirit while her body was sleeping, in a word, the World to Come, the nature's will to heal itself. Once the Quest is finished, nature is reborn. Some Lunar (would-be?) philosophers say that She Who Waits is our Red Goddess because She's waiting for the Mothers to bring her back before achieving Her own rebirth through Her Divine Quest. From that perspective, both are what the questors are trying to achieve.

The Ginna Jar/ Ernalda parallel inspired me some thoughs on how the Lunar missionaries in Tarsh could compare the Lightbringers and the Seven Mothers in terms of Ernalda = She Who Waits:

'They recreated the fabric of the world, but there were some lost parts nevertheless, that could not be recovered before the proper time had come. So, Ernalda waited. When the proper time came, the 7 mothers did finish the job, and brought back the Lunar powers. Ernalda was the 7th mother, of course, since she took part in that achievement. Only then, Nature was fully reborn, and Ernalda is no longer waiting.' (some could even say that now chaos can be considered as a part of Nature).

cheers,
Jerome

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp