Hendreiki

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:16:46 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>But what is the meaning of Hendriki? In First Age, Outlaws from Broken
>Council were Hendriki ("Wyrm's Footprint" p.30 Storm War), Hero Hendreik the
>Freeman ("Storm Tribe" Jonstown Compendium) seems to have been founder of
>this "outlaw tribe", And Larnsti Society....do you know how these historical
>change of the meaning of term "Hendriki"? I remember Hendriki is dominant
>tribe of "Heortland" (I don't know how 1st Age inhabitants of this area
>called there) in modern Glorantha.

AFAIK Hendreik brought together the Larnsti from the residents of the many holy places there. He did so to free his people from the Empire of Light. The theory was that by being free in heart and mind, the Larnsti could also be free in body. The Heortlings that the Larnsti protected became known as the Hendreiki.

I dunno who lived on the Plateau before the Hendreiki. It might have been contested territory between the Heortlings and the Aeolians in the far south.