VoGs begin at Calais

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:32:54 -0000

Peter writes:

>> What is VoG?

> Visions of Glorantha. A book of gloranthan stories that came
> in the deluxe Hero Wars rules.

My copy's called "Gloranthan Visions". Is this perhaps where the confusion springs from?

Joerg writes:

> The Quivini are a "back to the roots" movement with IMO about as
> much historical authenticity as the Rokari, i.e. they constructed
> a historical model from what information they had.

I've just had an amusing vision of a latterday God Learner dismissing Sartarite Heortling culture as "inauthentic," something like an SCA*/Renaissance Fayre re-creation of *real* Heortling ways...

Thanks for that, Joerg. (And yes, I know the same accusation can be levelled at the progressive, utopian vision of a Perfect Lunar Society).

Cheers, Nick