Dara Happan Temples

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:19:04 +1300

Terra:

> >The oldest style is the Footstool (or Ziggurat) which dates
> >from the Golden Age.

>It was called Selshena in GROY and FS (Greg's Lunar Novel). But I am
>skeptical about such construction have survived long since Golden Age

Well since it's in the shape of a pyramid, destroying it is always going to be very difficult. So I'm comfortable with the notion of it surviving in ruins.

>(Or TakenEgi reconstructed it several times)

It would have been mentioned in his list of great deeds if it happened.

>IMHO Sheng Seleris destroyed it,

Again it would have been noted. Instead we are told that Sheng Seleris placed the Empty Emperor on the Footstool (FS p63) and later his brother attempted the ten tests.

>never broken construction were
>Raibamus (a sort of Big Stone Clad (Meteor?) and magical pillar (called
>Shaft, p45 GROY) appearing for Tem Tests of each legitimate Emperors.

The Shaft of Light appears on top of the Footstool.

         "We went east down the huge Imperial Way, towards the Square
         of the Sun.  From anyplace on that wide road, we could see
         the Selshena.  The huge pyramid was mounted by a tower.  Atop
         that, on holy days (I am told), the column of light called
         Antirius appeared once again to bath Our Father [the Red
         Emperor - PHM], and begin anew the cycles of appearing every
         seven years."
                                 YBoT p20.

>IMHO, Sheng Seleris could destroy everything except things made from
>Adamant...even God's Wall was "revised" by him.

I strongly doubt this. Any revision of the Gods Wall would be scars rather than rearrangements.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest