Re: Origin of Astrology

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:50:20 -0700

Terra Incognita

> > My characters tend to be contemptuous of Buserian astrology,

>>  admitting that it might be accurate, but pointing out that it usually
>>  takes more than 24 hours of observations and calculations to make a

> > 24-hour forecast.

> Boo. Orlanthi perspective?

No, even my Lunar characters think little of the Buseri. And just look at their wonderful magic in Hero Wars...

> > In my game, the god-talkers of Lankoring practice astrology:

> I like such setting, but I don't know what is the RW parallel of these geas,
> boons derived from some kind of D&D spells.
> I remember Cuchulain, "you cannot deny to drink bestowed by women..."etc...

Yes, it's inspired by the Irish sagas. I believe it's a vestige of the older days. The Orlanthi of Lankst have probably dropped their observance of geases (except of course those religions like Humakt which retain them).

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>