Two new sources of fun

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_sierratel.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:01:43 -0700

This month's National Geographic has an interesting article on the Tiwanaku and Wari - two pre-Incan empires in the Andes of Peru. A great little look at some non-Indo-European/Middle-Eastern Empires. A lot of gems to be mined from here.

Osprey Publishing has just released "Pictish Warrior, AD 297-841". The author relies heavily on other celtic cultures to try to try to bring the Picts into focus, and fails, as far as I can see. Instead, he generates a "Generic Celtic Culture" that looks remarkably like our favorite Storm barbarians. And of course, there's always the Pretty Pictures in the center of the book :-).

Roderick

End of Glorantha Digest