Arkati

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 23:05:15 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>Sith & Jedi from Star Wars: my first rough impression from Peter's writing
>arkati:

That was one of the inspirations. Others included Nephilim, the Tarot, Eyes Wide Shut and the Vehmgericht.

>Hate your deceiver, and get power from that.
>
>IIRC, Greg said HQ can be enacted only in Gods War, so Arkati might not
>become Arcane in that new setting.

Green Age Heroquesting is mentioned as a bad thing to do in the Glorantha: Intro (p21) so AFAIK almost any age can be heroquested in.

>Arkati & Nysalorian? (Peter's writing about Arkati)
>Historical Change? from original idea of Arkat.....

That there has been change is unavoidable since my original writings were up before Herowars. I felt it wiser to concentrate on what the Arkati are like today rather than worry about what Arkat was really like.

>(See the origin of Infinity sign and Greg's Dragon Pantheon about Infinity
>Rune (Ouroboros?) and World Dragon (S-Unfinished Infinity).)
>
>God Learners said that it is related to Arachne Solara, Invisible God,
>Ouroboros, and Durapdur (IMHO), but there is no mention in New HW
>rulebook for it.

It's a variation of the Mysticism Rune.

--Peter Metcalfe