Krjalk

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:35:37 +0200

Had a little illumination about Krjalk last night : don't know if it's correct or not, but it has a certain something IMO, so I thought I'd share ...

On the one hand, we're told that Krjalk is the god of Chaos Monsters, twisting people and animals into shapes that don't rightly belong to them, and turning them into chaos fiends (I paraphrase, but there's the gist of it) ; on the other hand, we know that most Westerners believe that all Beast Men, elves, trolls, dwarves, and other inhumans are all krjalki, even though we _know_ that these are not chaotics ...

Hmmm ....

Maybe Krjalk is in the reality the Essence and Demon of Bigotry, Racial Hatred, Xenophobia, Ethnic Cleansing, Genocide, and &c. ?

Its claws stuck firmly into the Western psyche ; and the War against War being (among other things) a huge Krjalk worship ceremony ?

Makes (chilling) sense to me.

Julian Lord

End of Glorantha Digest