Varthanis

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:44:28 +0100

In message <1028886786.1024603.0_at_[62.253.240.28]>, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes
>In 1550, Varthanis is an exile from Sun County. He is present at the
>founding of New Pavis as a local potentate, not as a representative of
>Sun County. Sun County, under the wise leadership of Poskuturri
>doesn't want to know about any "New Pavis".
>
>In 1567, Varthanis Brighthelm seizes control of Sun County by pushing
>Zentakos the Blind down the stairs. He is acclaimed Count. Zentakos
>supporters seek sanctuary in New Pavis and agitate for justice.
>Tensions grow between New Pavis and Sun County over the bloody deed.
>
>In 1575, tensions are sufficiently cooled so that Dorasar finally gets
>to visit Sun County. Perhaps he has had intimations that the Ocean is
>going to be Opened Real Soon Now and wants a path to the sea.

I have slight problems with this.

Sun County owns/operates an entire quarter of New Pavis. I don't believe it would be there if Sun County wasn't in on the city from the start.

--
Michael Cule

End of Glorantha Digest