Re: Malkioni Calendar

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 23:22:07 +0100

Peter:

>My major niggle with Trotsky's calendar is that it doesn't explain what the
>names of the months and the days derive from. I can work out the derivation
>of most of the names (Hilmday - Hilme - Freezeday, Fronday - Frona - Clayday
>etc) but the months are beyond me. How were they calculated?

They're just modified English names related to the passing of the seasons, so I didn't feel the need for further explanation. 'Vernus' from 'vernal', 'Turbidor' from 'turbid' (in the sense of confused and disordered - i.e. Storm Season), 'Aestival' from, well, 'aestival', and so on.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic