Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #224 - 6 msgs

From: Kaiu Keiichi <coridan_at_optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 23:06:57 -0400

\>
> Message: 1
> From: Simon Hibbs <Simon.Hibbs_at_marconi.com>
> Subject: RE: Sky Uz
> Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 03:31:07 -0700
>
> Julian :
>
> >How about :
> >
> >Xentha (Uz Sky goddess !!)
> >
> >ZZ at the Hill of Gold (mythically _in_ the Sky, and so is ZZ)
>
> Neither of which are children of Kyger litor, and so they
> are not Uz, but merely spirits or gods which Uz sometimes
> worship.
>

> Simon Hibbs

Simon, you may be right about Xentha, but Zorak Zoran is clearly named in many Troll Myths as KL's *Brother*. If that doesn't make him Uz (if a dangerous and deranged one), I don't know what does. I'm sure that anyone telling an Uz that ZZ is *not* Uz would get their skull caved in with a lead mace.

"No one can make you do anything."
"Violence is always an option."
"Mistakes are made, and fixed."
"A good man does all things well."

- The proverbs of Orlanth, King of the Storm Gods.

"Orlanth is King, and we are his tribe!" Orlanthi Rallying Cry

Chris Bell
argrath_at_agoron.com
coridan_at_optonline.net