Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #225 - 6 msgs

From: Topi Pitkänen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 12:37:44 +0300

> Greg:
> >Because there are no Uz in the sky.

> Herve:
> But perhaps there will be :
> KoS pg 38, about the HW last battle :

Good show.

> Julian:
> > Xentha (Uz Sky goddess !!)
> > ZZ at the Hill of Gold (mythically _in_ the Sky, and so is ZZ)

Do you think that Xentha is a sky goddess? I'd like to cast some "shadow of doubt" over such statement.

Xentha is the goddess of the darkness of night. Now I suppose the question is:
"Does the sky world grow dark at night, when the sun is gone?"

When the night comes Xentha fills the world with her darkness. Still the sky world remains as a shining world of light. Just look at the stars - what more convincing do you need?

For uz Xentha is a protector, a shielding dark essence, not the congueror of fire. She plays no part in the sky.

Still I'm with Julian in a general sense that there can be or be made a few exceptions to the rule in most gloranthan questions. Uz could... be in the sky.

I think Zorak Zoran shows us the difficulty of reaching the contradicting conditions of Sky and Uz. He did it. And now look and listen to him. He is no longer entirely uz - not entirely non-uz either. Terrifying as Hell.

I think Herve Ancelin suggested a neat idea for dark stars.