Re: Malkioni Secret

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:49:24 +0000

>Hmm, Efendi wants to know about precise style of books like forio and / or
>scrolls.

Usually folio, although as always there will be variations. Scrolls would be pretty unusual though.

>>> Although the principles behind the grimoires are very different, the spells
>>
>>> within can be understood and duplicated to some extent or another. Only
>>> when you go to magics from a higher realm such as secrets, saintly
>>> blessings and whatever sorcerers might use do problems arise.
>>>

>Secret, I forgot it.....in a sense, I began to think secret is something
>alien to Brithini View to the Logic and Metaphysic to Objective Worldview.
>And secret is connected to something transcendental mystical existence. You
>might think about Malkioni Mysticism both in Perfecti and some Brithini
>sorcerers.....

The Malkioni have Secrets for the same reason the Heortlings do - its just that they use different means to contact the transcendant, rather than theist gods. If the God of Carpentry gives you access to a Secret, there's no reason why the Patron Saint of Lost Causes (for instance) shouldn't, so far as I can see. Indeed, the Perfecti Secret is likely to be something largely useless on the mundane plane, whereas St Talor's is probably a lot more practical.

>>> They can perform effective magic as a result of their understanding.
>>>

>Wizards and Knights. Joy of the Heart and Solace of the Body?

Those are both Secrets, IMO, yes. Indeed, Solace of the Body is likely a Great Secret, IMO, in that attaining it would tend to remove you from play...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic