Praxian stuff

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:25:04 +1300

Tero Pitk=E4nen:

>I`ve tried hard to find more material about the numerous nomad clans, the
>homepage of BoDR vol. Prax tells about. (Descriptions are short, with just
>few lines.)

No such page at the BoDR site AFAIK. Perhaps you meant this link?

http://perso.club-internet.fr/manzato/pagepersocm/runequest/rq8.html

>If there`s any official material about them, I would be very
>thankful and appreciate if someone let me know about it. In our campaign, I
>turned up to create my own version of the Great Horn clan of the bison
>riders.

While Praxians do have clans, they are not fixated on them as the Orlanthi are. The Players Book: Genertela goes as far to state that the clans are "loose and informal organizations which change according to the needs and appeal of leaders" p12.

IMO (because having special powers is fun) any special magic that a clan might have is largely dependent on what its leaders (khan, queen, elder/shaman and, in rare cases, storm khan) knows. Thus if a khan dies, the clan loses whatever special khan magic he provided and gains the special khan magic of his successor.

That way Praxian clans have the ability to adapt to changing circumstances which is always for the best in the Greatlands.

>-Is it possible to nomads to locate some on-going bigger events on the
>Wastes/Prax from the stars? For example; to avoid chaos or Wildfires
>("special constellations"); could the clans try to prevent about being
>confronted with such enemies/disasters if they can see these stars rotating
>through their way?

If they have a Star Witch with them, yes.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest