Re: Praxian stuff

From: (wrong string) änen <"Tero>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:02:26 +0200

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>"While Praxians do have clans, they are not fixated on them
>as the Orlanthi are. The Players Book: Genertela goes as far
>to state that the clans are "loose and informal organizations
>which change according to the needs and appeal of leaders" p12."

Yea, I agree. Similarities and differences of the praxian clan structure compared with the orlanthi traditional one is something I`ve been trying to find out...
But to the point; of course it doesn`t mean that praxian clans could not have a history with long traditions back in the time to the clan`s founder, or does it? The Elder Khans change but after all they act as a focus to religious powers of the clan`s Founder.

>"Thus if a khan dies, the clan loses whatever special khan magic
>he provided and gains the special khan magic of his successor."

Humm...even though they worship ancestors too?

>"That way Praxian clans have the ability to adapt to changing
>circumstances which is always for the best in the Greatlands."

Sounds very reasonable. The history of the territory with all its consequences how did it alter weather etc. is a good link in understanding why praxian clans differ from others.

>"If they have a Star Witch with them, yes."

Ok :). I just started to think about the first hand 'profits' a normal nomad guy can get in the wastes, if he knows star lore/wisdom. When nomads view the night sky as different places: Summer Fertile, Zola Fel, Wastes & Winter Fertile; could it work as some kind of a 'map' to them? I know this may sound quite silly, but can the planet`s exact location in the sky be compared with some earthly places, like f.e. Monkey Ruins or the Block which are on the other side of Zola Fel (in the Summer Fertile, as nomads call the area in the night sky)?

Cheers!

Tero Pitkänen

--Peter Metcalfe