Re: Instinctive HQ

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:51:38 EST

In a message dated 19/01/03 10:37:41 GMT Standard Time, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes:

<< As a result of this
 various human societies have evolved, discovered or constructed ways to  frame or contain the power. These containers are the rituals and rites of  heroquesting. >>

I do not really understand what is being said here. We know what happens when the power is framed or contained: life continues for the society in general (even if changed profoundly for the individual) but what are you suggesting happens to those people for whom this power is improperly contained and burst into their conciousness uncontrolled. Do they go mad, become Heroes, or Monsters, or does society change slightly with each failed ritual.

As Dara Happans fail their rites to remain chaste and pure their culture becomes gradually more sexually liberated. As individuals catastrophically fail they become either insane, insatiable, sucumb to perverse outlets for sexual gratification: the unleashed "power" goes off in the wrong direction.

Keith