Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #318 - 13 msgs

From: lee watts <jleewatts_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:37:01 -0500 (EST)

<<I'd think the rites are there to either shape or modify the quests. The behaviour is certainly unconcious but I would suggest not instinctive giving further justification to the various adoption rites, they make you a fertile member of the tribe/race/polity whatever by 'learning' their quests.>>

If we are going to follow "instinctive" rites or heroquests, (i.e. birth, commonication, walking, etc.) Then a hero must have 'won' them from someoneele.

Being ignorant of most of the myths of Glorantha, may I ask:

1- How did men gain communication or did they alway have it? I guess that speaking would be a different quest then writting. Did man steal speech?

2- How did men get reproduction from their gods? Death was introduced to the world; the gods gave their followers reproduction has been quoted by one member. Is this a rite, a power, or an ability? I think that this is were the answer lies.

Lee Watts,
Richond, VA.

A man who can read but doesn't is no better off then a man who can't. - Mark Twain

End of Glorantha Digest