Loskalm: Good or Bad?

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:34:44 +0900

Peter Metcalph:

About Millon, see Nick Brooke's site: Guide of Sog City http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/sog/main-districts.htm

> I don't think
> Westpoint has any connection with Humakt's einherjar that
> fought at the four Arrows of Light for the Carmanians were
> sent packing before Eastpoint was founded.

I don't think that meaning is equal to what Efendi intended. He didn't use the term Einherjar (Sorry, Efendi), but some place where dead good warriors go afterlife...

> > As you may know, in Troll Pack Uz Lore Book, there is change
> > between 2nd Age coastline of Fronela and that of 3rd Age, if
> > it was written intentionally, it enlarged by Snodal's action
> > or that of others?
>
> From Greg's Q&A on the matter, the cause of was Loskalmi
> attempts to purify themselves of all evil during the Ban.
> Other nations may have had a part in its creation but
> from the way its heading, Loskalm seems to bear much of the
> blame.

Efendi has a different opinion about the cause of Ban.

> Because they had strong internal enemies that needed to be
> converted or sent walking into the Ban before they could
> transform Loskalm into the Land of Siglat's Dream. These
> enemies include the old aristocracy, stubborn wizards,
> traditional clergy and worldy farmers. There is also the
> Nameless Man and other Krjalki that lurk on the borders
> of the Ban.

Personally, I like and support your idea. But I don't think Efendi and Trotsky will agree with you. They are a Loskalmi in a certain level.

(Snip)

> When the Ban fell, Gundreken realized its potential and
> retired the King to a farm before becoming crowned himself.

Gundreken let or made his predecessor retire to a farm. (to Efendi) I expect Efendi's reaction to such conspiracy theory.....

> It's possible to have both. From the ouster of the God Learners
> to Prince Snodal's time, Loskalm is virtually unknown. I'm
> only aware of three data points - 1) that they tried to stop the
> Closing, failed and a generation passed before they crossed
> Ozur's bay 2) Jonat caused some trouble there and 3) that they
> had converted to Rokarism. Other than that we have nothing
> over a period of five hundred years.

Maybe Efendi didn't pay enough attention to hero Jonat.

> I imagine Black Hralf as a Vadrudi warlord.

Efendi might agree with you about Black Hralf.

Personally, I favor Peter's opinion and recall my unfinished campaign of Vormai pilgrimage to Loskalm, as you might expect, they all go to a tragic end as some RW japanese christians did in 16C.....

To Efendi:
Maybe you want to talk some about your setting and the difference of yours, Peter's and Trotsky's.... It might be a chance....

Sincerely:
TI / Zeb