yuthuppa translations

From: Gregory Privat <prax_at_chello.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:58:58 +0100

> Message: 1
> From: "TERRA INCOGNITA" <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
> To: <glorantha_at_rpglist.org>
> Subject: Tradetalk #11
> Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:12:02 +0900

> Maybe I didn't translate properly with Google translator for the places of
> interest:
> And I don't know my understanding to Latin is proper.
>
> Yuthuppa: Original Version from French Broo Old Map
>
> French Broo Map: Places of Interest
> Porte Du Nord: Carry (Gate?) North
> Hotel Des Impots: Tax office
> Bibliotheque: Library
> Aire De Jeut De l'anneau D'or: Adventure playground Of the gold ring
> Caserne: Barracks
> Forteresse Des Captaines Stellaires: Fortress Of Captaines Stellar

not sure but Stellar Captains is perhaps better (they are stellar, not named stellar)

> Hospice De Teelo Norri: Old people's home De Teelo Norri

Hospice can be place for old peoples, but is in largest sense (and here) place to shelter or give food or heal peoples who need it and do not have money... hospice is old word for / same racine as Hospital

> Annexe d'Uleria: Appendix? of Uleria

Annexe here mean "not the main building of" or if u prefer "secondary building of" Uléria

> palais du sultan: palate (Palace?) of the sultan

Sultan's Palace

> Fleuve Oslir: Oslir River
> Acropole: Acropolis
> Cuivre: Copper
> Airain: Bronze (Brass?)

normally, Airain is Brass or Bronze, but it got a literal sense of a powerfull metal by itself, like Iron... you can say in french that someone got an Airain Force wich mean he s very strong... you english peeps, can airain be found as it in english literrature ? if not, use Iron ?

> D'Or: Of Gold

the D' mean made of/in so perhaps Gold Quarter

> thermes: thermal baths
> Guilde de Yuthu: Guild of Yuthu
> http://pavis.free.fr/prax/broos/htm/Yuthuppa.htm

thanks for advertisement ))