Bloodline and Horned God

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:28:49 +0900

> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Heort's bloodline (Bwbfc_at_aol.com)
>
> -- __--__--
>
> Message: 1
> From: Bwbfc_at_aol.com
> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:36:33 EST
> Subject: Heort's bloodline
> To: glorantha_at_rpglist.org
>

> Thanks for your answers. I'll say Gollanth Heortson, last king of Heort's
> lineage,
> hunted the winter deer but his sister Vinga told him to have mercy when
she
> saw the doe had puppy, and keep Terra's idea of Harabos horrible misdeeds
and
> doom for Harabos.

See more about King Heort: Javern Spithorn http://www.glorantha.com/hw/javern_sunsetleap.html

AR p.73, Heort was depicted as Stag, TR p. 194-195, and see Simon Bray's Illustration in ST p. 240.
Maybe in primitive mythology of dawn age, (as John Hughes' Taroskarla?) Heort was a sort of Psychopomp between Life (Time) and Death (Darkness) like CERNUNNOS or old RQ 3rd Horned Man.
http://www.geocities.com/abrianna_magick/godandgoddess.htm

> I'm a bit confused about royal bloodlines. If Heort is the ancestor of
many
> clans, shouldn't they all be royal bloodlines? What makes a bloodline so
> special that they are more royal than others?

Maybe this "ancestor" doesn't mean direct descendant of him....."He was grand-uncle of my aunt...." See TR p. 94, italic. But such matter should be treated more by scholars of Orlanthi and ancient german tradition like John Hughes or David Dunham, Jane Williams.....than by an ignorant japanese....