Re: Common magic

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:45:11 +0200

Nils :

> Jeff Kyer:
>
> > Hmm. One thing I was noticing is that the Otherworlds have been
> > growing weaker since time began.
>
> Have they?

I think Jeff's right.

> Or have the mortals just exhausted their
> skills and channels for communication with the otherworlds
> through their incessant bickering?

I think they've been undergoing a process of merging and confusion.

People like the God Learners and Arkat(s) and others of their ilk have obviously not been helpful towards the goal of conserving the primaeval strength and unicity of the otherworlds.

> Or is the Hero Wars a sign that there is no such weakening
> at all as mortal heroquesters change the fabric of the world
> through heroquest challenges?

Yes. :-)

Or no. YGWV ... ;-)

> > Perhaps you are right and they are being
> > absorbed into the Middle World? Or the middle world is becoming
> > something in-and-of itself, beyond the Otherworlds?
>
> Ask a mystic and it has always been (sort of).

But ask *another* mystic, and ....

Hmmm, difficult question, but remember the Spike (when it existed) definitely was something in-and-of itself, so I guess that actual physical remnants of the Spike exist, in a non-mystical sense, beyond the otherworlds ...

Julian Lord