Gloranthan versions of 'Lovecraftian' adjectives

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:21:27 +0100

In the real world we've amassed a vocabulary of terms, of archaic = etymology, which certain brands of speculative fiction have 'made their = own'. The formation and usage of such is usually based on romantic = classical notions e.g.

Ogygian, Cyclopean, Stygian, (non-) Euclidean etc.

Obviously, King Ogyges wasn't around in Glorantha (as far as I know), = and I doubt the principles of pleasing geometry were defined by = Euclid...

Any thoughts on particularly resonant adjectives (and their etymology) = which might be used to speak of things ancient, antiquarian, = architectural, massive, infernal, foul or just plain strange in = Glorantha?

Thoughts and usage might obviously vary between cultures and in = application; some might happily use 'Gbajian', whilst others would = recoil in horror at the thought of speaking his name aloud.

[A list could prove quite evocative, and be placed online somewhere]

Cheerio,

Stu.

End of Glorantha Digest