re: RQ 1/2 cover art

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:42:06 +0200

Rick :

> The Runequest 1/2 Rulebook cover art has three main versions,
> as others have detailed. Chaosium did the cover in full color
> and 2 color, while GW did their own similarly themed full
> colour picture. Chaosium did their 2 color covers in several
> colors. RQ1 was a brown based one.

My 1980 (?) ** 2" box RQ2 came with the Chaosium colour cover (white background) on the box, and a square bound _single_ colour cover (breastplate not chainmail bikini, but printed in straight red on white, as is the RQ logo). The ad copy on the back of the rules book is exactly the same, but red on pink. This is a Chaosium copy, not a GW one.

It features the new Chaosium logo instead of the old one.

It's by Steve Perrin & Ray Turney, not Steve Perrin & Friends.

The RQ2 errata came as a separate sheet and were also printed on the front and back inside covers (which is very handy).

But as far as I can tell, the 2 colour version seems much nicer.

Anyways, that makes four versions.

> One last factor that I am not sure of the distribution for is
> whether the softcover rulebooks sold separately were always
> stapled, while the ones in the boxed sets were always square bound.

All of the GW printed separately sold RQ2 softcovers that I saw at the time had the GW colour cover and were square bound.

cheers,

Julian Lord

End of Glorantha Digest