New players

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 17:40:10 +0200 (EET)

<snip>
> maybe, make the game more approachable. Y'know, new players? Maybe even
> people new to gaming? The kind that the old guard say they want but
> often end up driving away? Those folks? Yeah.
>
> As such, a few people on the digest should realize that they were NOT
> the target audience of those examples
>
> Yeah, I'm a bit irked. I mean, we're not on the Tekumel list, are we?
>
> Jeff

Jeff, Jeff...

Of course the old hands are not the target of the examples, at least not the only one.

But in what group do you think Glorantha compeates for the attention of gamers. At least here the group is the same gamers who are interested in games like Hârnmaster and Ars Magica. Well worked, even subtle, fantasy. Not Over-the-Edge or Paranoia.

Of course Glorantha is a flexible setting, and can easily be used for humorous, light gaming. I still think the poetic, evocative style of Thunder Rebels should have been given a chanse to show, as a counterpoint to the casual newbie gamers style.

But let's stop here, since some people seem to be taking my views on this a little too seriously.

        -Adept