(unknown charset) Re: Humakt as a tool

From: µäv˜äw
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:07:58 +0100 (BST)

If Humakt IS death, then why did Eurmal take him=20 to the Underworld to show him to himself?

If Humakt IS death, why didn't he do something=20 when Zorak Zoran was using him during the Gods=20 War?

When Orlanth slew Yelm with death, was he holding=20 Humakt by his head or his feet?

Who was Humakt's mum?

WHAT I THINK I think that Humakt is not death. I think that=20 Humakt is a storm god, who was is a pretty good=20 fighter, maybe the best, having had a great=20 sensei - Kargan Tor wasn't it?

Eurmal, up to mischief showed Humakt the new=20 power death, and by Eurmal stealing it and=20 passing it onto others in his divine mischief=20 making. Humakt went and got it back, and now he=20 is the master of death, the power. But being the=20 master of death, and BEING death, are not the=20 same thing IMO.

Of course, that does not preclude Humakt being=20 poetically being described as death.

As for Humakt being, I mean actually being=20 Orlanth's sword, I think most Humakti would be=20 pretty insulted. But I guess thats not to say=20 the average Heortling Cottar would know the=20 difference.

I am talking like a God Learner so I will now go=20 and sink beneath the oceans.......

Regards

Rob.....glug