Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 106

From: Simon Hibbs <simon.hibbs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:41:02 +0100

LC:

> I can accept that Humakti see him as all death, even as they say he rejects
>certain forms of death. (Depending on which myth you want to believe.)

I wouldn't say they don't reject forms of death, victims of poisoning who die do so by the grace of Humakt but poisons themselves are not intrinsicaly 'powered by death'. Rather the death of the victim is an indirect consequence. Before the coming of death the victims of 'lethal' poisonings or disease were left in an awful state - unable to fully participate in mortal life due to the extreme corruption of their bodies and yet unable to leave it either. Humakt solved this problem and offered them eternal rest from their suffering.

Simon Hibbs

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 109