Re: Humakt the Tool

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:13:09 +0100

>But in some Orlanthi contexts, that's all he is. A heroquester might
>not have moral obligations to his sword after performing the Arming of
>Orlanth ceremony. On the other hand, if the heroquester is
>accompanied by a devotee of Humakt, that might be a bigger issue.

I'd say that it depends on what he is trying to do. If he intends to act with honour and does not slay without good reason, then the issue doesn't arise. If he uses the blade wrongly while it symbolises Humakt then there are possible consequences. IMHO this is the reason why the stories we have are happy to identify Humakt with Orlanth's sword for the LightBrigner's Quest but not for the slaying of the Evil Emperor (because one act is seen as good and the other as a mistake).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.