The Dying Humakti

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:50:22 +1200

>I seem to recall that a Humakti who invokes Death Song Berserk will die
>when the song completes. However, I cannot find the source for this
>recollection.

          The Berserker Spell seems a very strange spell for a Humakti
          to have.  I wrote to Chaosium about this, and Rudy Kraft
          explained its use: for Humakti, it is a Death Song.  Humakti
          will cast it on the day they believe they are going to die, to
          slay as many enemies as they can.  This I like, but I'd
          suggest that for Humakti, the spell has no risk of backfiring
          on friends and allies.  Perhaps it should also be made one
          use.
                  Michael Abbot, Tales #6 p42

--Peter Metcalfe