Gods of the West

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:53:05 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>*Idovanus [From POV of Loskalmi, Contact Place: Mystical Plane somehow
>related to Fire Essence?]

Idovanus and most other (sorcerous) Gods would be found on the Venerable Plane.

>*Irensavel [From POV of Rokari, Contact Place: Beyond Immeasurable Plane or
>Joy?]

Joy is a new and improved version of Solace which is found on the Venerable Plane. Irensavel lies beyond.

>*Makan [From POV of Loskalmi, Contact Place: Beyond Law Plane Or Solace?]

Makan is found in the Venerable Plane.

>False Entity of 1st Action and the god of Godlearners that which rules Evil
>Principles of Matter, Godlearners fell to believe in Makan, not Irensavel
>that was revealed by Abiding Book and began to believe the two are same and
>equal.

Although the Carmanians rejected Makan, the modern Loskalmi do not. Instead they believe that Makan is a manifestation of Irensavel. Denial of Irensavel leads to error and damnation (such as the fate of the God Learners) but Makan is not intrinsically false.

>[I am not sure about Mostali Sorcery is how connected with Brithini Sorcery

Different axioms. The Mostali believe in Matter as superior to Energy while the Danmalastani seem to have that Energy was superior to Matter. The Malkioni now believe (I think) that both Matter and Energy are equal.

>[Rokari rejects Hrestol's Prophet status and thinks its "Freedom and
>Equality Spirit" led the Downfall of God Learners

I don't think this is correct. The error of the God Learners was more subtle than belief that Hrestol was a Prophet (The Abiding Book is silent on the matter). While there were knights in the God Learner Empire, they were far more concerned with spirituality than equality for all (which would have been an obscure doctrine at that time).

>Their caste concept is from Brithini,

The Rokari caste concept is from the Republic of Zerendel. Brithos was a minor land then and I think the Malkioni would say their traditions come from the Old Republic rather than Brithos. A bit like the attitudes of Western Europe to Constantinople.

>*Vadel [From POV of Brithini, Contact Place: None? Or still can be
>contacted as One of Blue Vadeli Dark Lords.....I am not sure.]

I don't think even the Vadeli can contact him. IMO Vadel disappeared along with Malkion and the other leading Malkioni (and Mostali) during the Great Sacrifice.

>*Gbaji [From POV of Carmanians, Contact Place:
>Mystical World As Nysalor or Arkat?,

Gbaji comes from Hell.

>*Ganesatarus [From POV of Carmanians, Perhaps Underworld as
>followed in Drastic Resolution: Darkness]

I suspect the Venerable Plane again. But to even suggest this gets you into Big Trouble in Carmania.

--Peter Metcalfe