(unknown charset) The Tides

From: (nil)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:12:46 EST

  have a question about the Tides, prompted by reading Men of the Sea.

Am I correct is thinking that Gloranthan tides are not the in/out in/out daily affairs, with varying heights of high and=20 low tides, of our real world but a
slooowww creep in over a random amount of time (1D6day) followed by a relatively quick rush back out in one day.

It strikes me that this a fairly important change from the RW and would (IF Glorantha were subject to normal ecology) have significant changes on coasta= l
ecologies - hard to think that a lot of creatures that rely on daily nutrien= ts
from the sea, or from the uncovering of estuary mud banks would have to chan= ge
their strategies.

Any marine biologists or others care to speculate what the average cockle or mussel would need to do to survive an up to 6 day long tidal cycle.

Keith Nellist.