Re: Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 57

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:25:53 GMT

In message <20050318121738.87707.qmail_at_web25305.mail.ukl.yahoo.com> Jane Williams writes:

>> In this case I would say that is was the artist,..
>> The Vingan needed an overskirt however!

>Unless she's dressing sensibly for fighting, not
>according to some male-invented retcon. Try fighting
>in an overskirt some day, and compare it with fighting
>in just trews. Yes, it *can* be done, but why make
>life awkward for yourself?

She is wearing a skirt, it's just a lot shorter than the man's kilt. I sense some "Well I've got to wear a skirt but no one said how long." at work here.

I've never thought the Vingan skirt went below the knee anyway as opposed to normal Heortling women's wear. Even that can be kilted up for all the jobs where an ankle length skirt gets in the way.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/