Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 72

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:48:05 +0000 (GMT)

>> So are there no circumstances under which an
independent publisher, having worked diligently on a product for months, obtained artwork, drawn maps, completed layout and submitted a final pre-print version for Issaries' approval, would be told "We won't let you print that, but if you give it to us we'll print it ourselves"?<<

IMO but...

I commented on HeroQuest-RPG on the why of this, and perhaps it is just my ignorance of your scenario but if you were going to all this expense and trouble (i.e. you have created business risk to yourself dependant on reaching an agreement with II), why would you have not contacted Issaries beforehand to establish a commercial agreement with them beforehand? The FPP is not about commercial agreements it is about fan publication.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos