Janube

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:05:11 +1200

Mikko

>I'm puzzled. Where did these Solar's and Lifebringers come from?

The Solar religion of Southbank is indigenous and was responsible for the battle against the Wizards in Fronela during the Sunstop that is mentioned in Cults of Terror.

The Lifebringers and related cults have two origins. The Vadrudi are indigenous to the area, having lived here since the Storm Age. The Lifebringers were introduced by the World Council after the Battle of Eleven Beasts several decades before the Sunstop.

>The old Genertela material says that the area was inhabitet by
>hsunchen at daws and colonized from Brithos and Seshnela.

>At which point did the, apparently quite strong, theistic influense
>arrive in Fronela, and more specifically in the Janube river
>city-states?

There have always been theists in Fronela. In the case of the city-states, the theistic influence began when the God Learners abandoned monotheism.

>I'm still suspect that the place should propably have western style
>veneration of the theistic entities involved.

That's the Esvulari practice, not the God Learner practice. The Janubians are the spiritual heirs of the God Learners, not the Esvulari.

>On a more specific level, how did the religions survive the Ban?
>The ban is described to "...swirling grey for, stopped all outsiders
>from enetering on either the physical or spirit plane."

That was written in the days in which Spirit Plane travel could be used for travel purposes, such as the Road in Sartar. In modern terms, it probably means that you probably couldn't get from place A to place B via the heroplane but people could still reach the God world, sorcery planes and spirit plane.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 150