Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 159

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:09:17 +0300 (EEST)

> ISTR the "High Council" writeup ended with the Lunars banning plate armour
> in Sartar. That implies that they possessed it to ban. Not all that
> primitive.

This illustrates why I don't find the "it is canon" argument very compelling when it comes to cultural/technological stuff and Glorantha. In the time you are referring to Sartar was just one pseudlo-medieval place among the rest in Glorantha.

The work detailing the Heortling culture came later, and we owe much to John Hughes for the beautiful detail we have now.

So now that we have the celtic (with Viking culture overtones) falvour for the Heortlings, and Persia/Greek vision for the Dara Happans and Lunars, I don't see why we should stick to the late-medieval model for teh Westerners.

Why not make the West fit nicely with the new detailed stuff we have of central Genertela.

I know I will,

        -Adept