Lunars in free Sartar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:29:13 +1200

John Galloway:

>If Boldhome was sacked in 1621 when did Lunar invasion actually begin?

Boldhome was sacked in 1602. Whitewall was sacked in 1621.

>In the years leading up to the invasion what Lunar presence (if any) was
>there in Sartar?

Spies, merchants, emissaries and the like.

>I'm considering setting a game in pre-invasion Satar and want to get some
>idea how many Lunar...

There is one spy that reports on the Colymar tribe for the invasion according to King of Sartar. I would say an intelligence source per tribe plus an intelligence source per clan in friendly tribes (such as the Maboder). This would also include travellers and explorers.

As for merchants, they would be common. There's only two major sources of foreign merchants in Sartar and one of them is Tarsh.

Missionaries would generally be found in friendly tribes. I don't imagine them being safe anywhere else. Lastly adventurer is another name for bandit and there are plenty of those in Sartar.

--Peter Metcalfe