French in Glorantha (was your finger, you fool!)

From: Dr Stuart Mousir-Harrison <loosmoos_at_mousir.org>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:03:55 +0100

Jane asked:
>Just curious - does anyone use French as a
>representation of any Gloranthan language? I believe
>we've got some Norman overlord/Saxon peasant analogues
>down in Heortland where it might fit, but I've never
>played there myself.

French-style names and terms seem to crop up in Heortland, and IIRC in the West.

I know I have used a lot of "distorted" French and medieval French in my Carraterre homeland, which presuming it isn't seriously gregged should appear in the next Tradetalk (embarrassed plug!)

Quadruped Erat Demonstrandum

The (elusive) Dr Moose
www.mousir.org
http://me19four.blogspot.com/