Re: Initiation and the reason why (mine, that is)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:11:12 +0100 (BST)

> Also remember that Ernalda is as
> great a Goddess as Orlanth is God.

Not quite. Orlanth is King of the Gods because he's married to Ernalda. He's the boss, and he has his wife's permission to say so :)

But yes, in general I agree with you.

> It could be worse, but there was no mention of Heort
> or the Second Son
> (who either is or isn't Heort, I'm still confused
> about that).

Definitely isn't. Heort *meets* the Second Son. Hengall, second son of King Vingkot. An ancient hero, even to Heort.

KoS:
"Hengall was the second son of King Vingkot. His mother was the Summer Wife, but he was born at night when the Dragon's Head was blotted out by the Sky Gorp. When he was born, the Third Mother give him a star for a heart.
Hengall was poisoned with a drink which caused him to grow huge. After one day of growth he was larger than a long house. Despair filled him. He knew he could not find sustenance without starving his brethren, and so he departed to fight against Predark, alone. He was never heard from again by any of the Vingkotlings, or by their allies, for six generations. ...

..
When all the world was gone, and every man was alone, Heort went out upon the world. There, at the edge of the world, he met with the Second Son, who told him of his great and terrible battle. He showed Heort his wounds, and the secret of the Star Heart, and told him the secrets of the I Fought We Won Battle. Heort remembered that fight, and went on past the Second Son, and to the edge of the world. There he met the evil of his world, and won.
Whenever one of us is made a man, we all travel upon Heort's path. This is the path of Orlanth."

Checking... yes, that's less than 250 words :)

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com