Re: SWAT team problems and knowing too much

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:29:11 GMT

In message <1120434468.26070.68.camel_at_localhost.localdomain> Light Castle writes:

>I've wondered a bit about wyters and guardians. What are the limits of
>when they can help you? Many of the Hero Bands in MoLaD have guardians
>but the band itself is often split up into smaller pieces. Do you get
>the bonus, can it augment, in situations where it isn't physically
>present?

This seems to depend on the type of wyter (see pg.93 of HQ). An archetype only acts through the leader of the Hero Band, an emanation is based in an object while a manifestation wanders arround independently. The last may be able to move between different groups at speed but the others are going to have influence only where they are. Of course if the wyter is a rock with an ability to to protect the tula it may well have a range covering the whole area involved.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/