Re: RE: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 245

From: paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:35:04 +0100

Here's a different idea.

What we can reasonably deduce about Moirades plan is that it:

  1. involves Lunarising Tarsh in some way.
  2. probably involves Moirades becoming a Lunar Deity (this is an entirely legitimate part of the Lunar Way).
  3. there isn't any clear reference in KoS to the plan so there is no need to try to adhere to "canon" (because if there is any clear idea about what Moirades' plan is, it isn't deducible from published sources).

We can also say that there is absolutely no requirement for Moirades plan to be sane or reasonably achievable.

So here's an over-the-top suggestion:

Moirades wants to set himself up as the Red Goddess's Consort.

The big plan is to flood Tarsh with Lunar energies and then repeat the Goddess's ascension. Moirades intends to wrap a large piece of Tarsh's landscape around himself, and draw himself up into the sky, producing a new Crater and turning himself into a new satellite of the Red Moon. Ambitious enough for you ?