RE: double agents

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:43:45 +0100

> Paul:
> On the other hand, it might be better if Minaryth ISN'T a traitor. A
> ruthless leader might sacrifice some of his followers for any number
> of reasons. What if he leaked select information to identify a
> traitor in the rebellion ? Or ordered a suicidal attack as cover for
> some other operation ? Or (nicking an idea from Babylon 5)
> deliberately sent some of his followers to their deaths so that the
> (false) information they had been given could fall into Lunar hands
> in way that makes it look genuine. Or simply withheld information to
> protect his informants in the Lunar camp ?

I *like* all these ideas! The Rebellion, being the good guys, would never do anything morally questionable by C21 standards, would they? :) Or even by their own standards!

> Well, I have Kallyr trusting him implicitly, but I imagine
> most others are suspicious of him, being LM and a city dweller!

I'm sure of it. He's weird. He's not one of us.

> But there is nothing to suggest in
> Wyrms Footprints that even Fazzur has any idea that MP is a
> member of the Iron Ring of Sartar is there?

P90
Movement week, sea season, 1613.
"...further, these personages are placed under edict and cursed by the Goddess: Minaryth Purple, Sage; Urrrggh the Ugly, troll; Hofstaring Treeleaper, Rune Lord. May their souls wither and their brains rot..." "So it is stated, and so decreed, by Valishor Longear, High Priestess of Yara Aranis and Chief of the Occupying Forces. My word is that of the Goddess. Heed it well."

That's before Fazzur gets there, but it's a strong hint that someone didn't like Minaryth. A response to "Hofstaring's" Flood, from the look of the dates.