RE: Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 294

From: Malk Williams <malk_at_malkavius.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:10:45 +0100

> ...when you summon them, a huge Bison and ghostly rider
> leaping out of the ritual fire is much more fun that
> just an amorphous blob of spirit.

Nice idea Simon. You have also just put a wonderful image in my head of a practical joke that could be played by someone (a Raven or Hyena cultist for instance) who happens on the body of a (say) bison rider in the aftermath of a fight in which none of his own people survived. Imagine the scene, incantations are evoked to commune with the spirit of the departed brave, when out from the flames he rises, wearing his full bison regalia, and riding on the spirit of the ostrich upon which he was mounted when the funeral rites were spoken!

I'm sure good reasons could be offered as to Why This Wouldn't Work, but the image still tickled me!