Salt

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:48:06 -0400

 I've been reading a really interesting book on Salt, and it mentions how the Celts were famed salt miners. That, plus the general fact that all societies have had to deal with the issue of salt from the moment they domesticated animals, makes me wonder where the Orlanthi get their salt? Do they mine it in shafts from the mountains like the Celts did? And what are the mythical properties of salt for them? (After all, it is a substance that has had powerful mythic/magic properties in our history.)

 I figure I'd start with the Orlanthi since most people seem to know them best.

LC