Re: Chapters 1-3, Ethlirist

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:07:28 -0500

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > Would probably give an edge in tactics and maneuver and *not* charging
> > when provoked. All that neat well-disciplined stuff that really hurts
> > undisciplined neighbors (like the Grazelanders!)
>
> The BHT doesn't skirmish, so the Grazers can always get out of the way & try
> to pepper them with arrows (boosted with spirits, they actually *can*
> penetrate the BHT armor)

True. But the BHT have managed to hold a fairly nice chunk of the Grazelander turf. And, without spiritual boostage (of which you only have a little per warrior, I think) they are very hard to affect. That is one of the advantages of Sorcery -- it appears to be more versatile and portable.

I suspect the problem would look something like Cataphracti vs nomads?

> > It looks very vile yes. I'm quite impressed. But the religion just
> > drips Puritanism. Its quite interesting. And the Rider/Steed
> > relationship is pretty interesting as well. I am somehow reminded of
> > the Black Company, but that's probably just because both are mercenaries
> > and the word black is used....
>
> Ethilrist would never put up with the s**t that the Black Company does,
> especially not the two magicians (d**n it, nmy books are packed & I'm having
> a brain freeze...)
>
> RR

Goblin and One-Eye.

Ethilrist would have sacrificed them in some bold move and gone back to worshipping his own ego. Er, I mean... Um.... (whimper)

Jeff