Re: ability use

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:29:08 +0000

In message <00f301bf8df2$d9bbaa60$e801a8c0_at_GESTALT>, Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...> writes
> but I don't like the idea that given a sufficently
>high beguile skill you could make any character go totally against
>everything he stands for. (Like a sufficently skilled trickster
>could - without magic - convince a Storm Khan to have sex with a
>walktapus.)

Um. RQ deliberately avoided the inclusion of mind-control spells until the sorcerous control spells came along. I always assumed this was a Greg-directed moral decision.

I'd say personally that a person has an automatic couple of bumps in his favour (equal to a couple of Mastery levels) to avoid being coerced into doing something basically opposed to his nature.

--
Michael Cule