Re: But how does it WORK?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:56:41 -0800

"roderick and ellen robertson" <rjrem-_at_...> wrote: original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hw-rules/?start=478
> > > Generally you'll do some sort of pre-combat rituals to get
whatever
> > augments

> > I was thinking more about stuff like 'Strong', 'Tough' and such,
which
> > are innate to the character, but variable. You shouldn't have to
> > perform a ritual to be Strong, but the strength put into any one
blow
> > might vary.
>
> Strength et. al. would work on the same mechanics - do it before
combat or
> do it during with a unrelated action. The strength put into *this
combat*
> stays the same.

Hmm... OK, just don't see how just putting a bit more effort into it slows down my actions... ah, well...

> Not by the means of a Strike. It's an entirely different mechanism.
"casting
> a disruption spell" is now simply an AP bid with a descriptive tag "I
cast a
> 'break things' feat on him - 7 AP". Even back in RQ days, a single
> Disruption was not likely to be a combat winner...
I'll wait for the full magic rules...

> > Next a
> > time,
> > >
> > point is, it didn't sound like a very bloody combat. Surely a
> > two-stroke knockout should represent more than a couple of mildly
> > inconvenient Wounds, even before he rips the arms off the
unconscious
> > body and eats them?
> When the Minotaur won, what was the final AP of the loser? frex:
Actually, by coincidence, both combats ended at 0 AP exactly, however, I now see I've ignored the 'Consequences' chart... I wondered how you could get an 'Injured' result :)

Now, how about these e-mail?

And how about the archery in HW too, I've read previous posts, and the idea of AP-contest archery jars a lot with me too...

Wulf