Re: A simple AP question

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:52:59 +0100

From: Hibbs, Philip [mailto:philip.hibbs_at_...]

<me>(And, after all, improvisation penalties don't affect AP (do they?))

>Yes, they do, if you start off with an improv penalty.

Oh. Missed that.

<me>so whoever gets to go first will force the other
<me>chap to take on the improv penalty, a
<me>penalty which could totally swing the contest.

>Improv penalties do not carry over from one skill to another - if you
switch to
>an appropriate ability, then you lose the improv penalty.

Yeah, but the point of my example was that your other skills aren't so good.

Well, anyway, if you act first, either your opponent will have to use his best skill at an improv penalty, or he'll have to use one of his other skills which may be far from the best.

Either way, acting first is going to make all the difference between two people with markedly different skills.

Richard