Re: Logically and Stylistically Superior!

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:50:56 -0000

I knew that! (And I'm sure Ian did too...)

>I prefer to find a skill that is
> going to be 'most commonly used' and then, if someone has a more
> specific one, give a small bonus.

Which was the point of my message.

>I think there's some examples of
> this on the Issaries site.

I never claimed it was an original idea...

>I'm pretty sure I used it in "Chasing
> Kites" for what that is worth to you.

Yes, you did

Bargain for Passage (17): Bargain, Relationship with THIS Clan (+5), Wealth (+3), Tribal Loyalty (-5), Piety (-10)

and even better

Improvise Bridle (14): Leatherworking, Ropemaking, Craft Tack and Harness (automatic), Ride (-2)

If your skill is narrow enough (Craft Tack and Harness) then there are occasins you can just assume an aoutomatic success...