Re: Re: Costly victories

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:42:26 -0500

At 09:05 AM 7/9/2001 +0000, giangero_at_... wrote:

> in HW the purpose
>is more important than the actual facts: facts are trollkin retreats,
>but they win, maybe, because they reach their purpose of tiring off
>the defenders, so the confrontation should not be between RC and RC
>but between trollkin's "tactics" and human's "endurance" (with humans
>penalized by lack of sleep, darkness, confusion and the like).

Bingo!

At 10:04 AM 7/9/2001 +0000, stefan.drawert_at_... wrote:

>after all, it would be nice to get some *official* advice from the
>authors [Robin-still here?], for it seems that opinions differ widely.

I wish I had time to do detailed rules support for the various mailing lists for games I've designed, but the fact is that I don't. As a freelancer (rather than a company employee), I have to be extra ruthless about my time. I get paid only for writing my X number of words a day, and not for any other duties. So I'm pretty much limited to one-line responses and the like. In fact, I don't really have time to read every message to each game's mailing list. (I'm up to four lists now.)

Maybe someday the economics of the game biz will be different, but until that day comes, I can only apologize for remaining incommunicado most of the time.

Take care >>> Robin