Re: Spirit combats

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:48:06 -0700

Tim

> So if a spirit completely defeats you, you are (or can be) posessed -
> what if it only gets a marginal victory. If it's a disease spirit,
> you might exhibit a few mild symptomns as aopposed to becoming a
> carrier, and suffering the full blown disease, but what if it's a
> ghost, or other sort of spirit? What effects does/could it have for
> the different levels of success it might achieve.

I say it's similar to any other contest.

Marginal: "no lasting side effects." The ghost could possess you long enough to make a speech, then depart.

Minor: "penalties that last for a day or so." The ghost could possess you for a day or so, but would depart before you could find a shaman.

Major: "penalties that last for a season or so." You are possessed, essentially until some aid can be found.

Complete: "a permanent effect." Uh-oh. (This is actually how I gained a player character, back in RQ days -- I ended up playing the ghost.) Presumably it's still possible to get rid of the ghost, but a lot more difficult.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein